Senior Database Administrator
R 30 000 - R 50 000 CTC per month
A data management company, based in Johannesburg, has an exciting position available for an Microsoft SQL Database Administrator.
We are looking for someone who is either at an Intermediate or senior level with the appropriate experience to manage a team and take charge of various projects simultaneously.
- A minimum 5 years’ experience working with production database environments.
- Consulting / contracting experience will be an advantage.
- Work well independently and as part of a team, show initiative and take ownership of systems under their remit.
- Proven ability in understanding the Microsoft SQL Server technology stack both on-prem and in Azure.
- Be able to manage reporting in SSRS, as well as designing and maintaining data warehouse schemas and related processes using ETL tools, specifically SSIS.
- Technology-related certification, a degree or equivalent in computer science, data science or information technology will provide a strong advantage in considering candidates.
- Maintaining existing SQL instances and deploying new instances, on-prem and Azure SQL.
- Work cohesively with a team of SQL Server DBA’s.
- Extensively analyse, maintain and document complex relational database structures to ensure successful implementation as well as optimal performance.
- Maintaining existing reporting systems, as well as generating reports to respond to business needs.