Senior MS SQL DBA
R 60,000 CTC per month
A data management company, based in Johannesburg, has an exciting position available for a Senior MS SQL DBA.
We are looking for someone who is at senior level with the appropriate experience to manage a team and take charge of various projects simultaneously. Consulting experience will be advantageous for this role!
Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities (but not limited too:)
- Maintaining existing SQL instances and deploying new instances, on-prem and Azure SQL.
- Work cohesively with a team of SQL Server DBA’s.
- Extensively analyse, maintain and document complex relational database structures to ensure successful implementation as well as optimal performance.
- Maintaining existing reporting systems, as well as generating reports to respond to business needs.
- A minimum 10 years’ experience working with production database environments.
- Consulting / contracting experience will be an advantage.
- Work well independently and as part of a team, show initiative and take ownership of systems under their remit.
- Proven ability in understanding the Microsoft SQL Server technology stack both on-prem and in Azure.
- Be able to manage reporting in SSRS, as well as designing and maintaining data warehouse schemas and related processes using ETL tools, specifically SSIS.
- Technology-related certification, a degree or equivalent in computer science, data science or information technology will provide a strong advantage in considering candidates.
Melrose Arch Area