R 400 000 - R 450 000 CTC per annum plus commission
Our client is a specialist in industrial rubber manufacturing and they are looking for a strong, business-minded Sales Engineer to join the team and to be based in Kathu, Northern Cape.
The position will be servicing the Northern Cape and Free State areas and will be a home-based position.
Duties & Responsibilities: Marketing and Sales:
- Generate enquiries and sales as per agreed target and areas
- Maintain product knowledge and familiarise oneself with any modifications to existing or addition of new products to the company’s product range
- Maintain personal contact with existing customers and submit a monthly report to the Sales and Marketing Manager on all activities including customer perception of the company’s products and services
- Assist with resolution of customer complaints and get involved in the investigation and corrective action resulting from such complaints.
- Assist Sales Admin and Technical personnel by ensuring that all relevant information is available to ensure accurate quotations.
- Grow the existing business by providing input on market trends, new products offered by competitors and information on any expansion plans of existing customers.
- Increase current business by offering existing customers the full range of company products
- Assist with arranging customer installations; be present as company representative during installation and commissioning.
- Provide feedback to Design Office on quality of installation.
- Maintain records of component wear measurements/service reports on products and customers to ensure orders are placed in time for spare components and/or replacement products
- Business development and consolidation of potential for new clients that can be targeted for company's products in a designated region.
- Prepares cost estimates by studying blueprints, plans and related customer documents.
- Determine improvements by analysing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service applications in the environment of the customer.
- Negotiates solutions with customers.
- Negotiates tender and contract terms.
- Offers after sales support.
- Product pre-sales technical assistance and product education at field events such as conferences, seminars etc.
- Provide input into sales budgets and forecasts
- Submit a monthly activity report to Sales and Marketing Manager covering existing business and new business
- Submit monthly sales plan
- Report on actual against sales target monthly
- Ensure you comply fully with Section 14 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act: General duties of employees at work
- Complete an incident report for any contravention of the Company’s health and safety rules and do a full investigation before submitting the form to the OHS Officer
- You are further required to comply with all requirements of the Company’s quality management system applicable to your position and activities.
- Grade 12
- Tertiary Sales and Marketing qualification or equivalent will be an advantage
- Degree in mechanical/chemical engineering *In house training on the company products will be provided.
- Minimum of 4 years of sales and process experience in a polymer or related manufacturing industry
- Minimum of 1 year product and technical development experience
- Knowledge of Setting up of Safety Files for Mines and Plant
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be computer literate in MS Office.
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Must have emotional maturity to handle customers.
- Must have excellent commercial acumen.
- Appropriate customer care and sales training
- SHEQ training
Salary on offer: R 400 000 - R 450 000 CTC per annum (inclusive of company car, cell phone, laptop) + commission on sales
Northern Cape / Free State