We’ve all been there, we’ve all received that regret letter, we’ve all been told that we have been unsuccessful during an interview process and that’s okay. It’s life and it happens. But it’s how you handle yourself afterwards that makes all the difference.
The above YouTube video by Interviewnest.com gives you some insight on certain things that you should be aware of, such as:
- Acknowledging why you feel sad after being rejected
- Making sure you understand the statistics of what the company needs
- Ensuring the anxiety doesn’t take over during your interview
- Understanding that failures are part of life
The video also highlights a few techniques that a job seeker can undertake once they have decided to enter the job market.
- Be aware that there will be a process
- Prepare yourself for interviews
- Apply for positions that you don’t mind getting
- Acknowledge the up-front failures
- Learn from the failures to build confidence
- Make sure you understand your own psychology
To assist with understanding your own psychology, here are 5 Ways Mentally Strong People Deal With Rejection, By Amy Morin, Author, “13 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do” – https://www.inc.com/amy-morin/5-ways-mentally-strong-people-deal-with-rejection.html
- They acknowledge their emotions
- They view rejection as evidence they’re pushing the limits
- They treat themselves with compassion
- They refuse to let rejection define them
- They learn from rejection
Never let rejection define. It just means that the opportunity wasn’t for you and that something better is waiting for you!