Junior Project Engineer
R 25,000 CTC per month
A leading mining manufacturer is looking for dynamic talent to join their team.
- BSc – Engineering, B. Tech, Dip. Eng. or other technical qualification with project management qualification.
- Manage all capital sales machines as individual sales projects
- Estimating the cost, selling prices and margins of each sale in line with the sales targets.
- Managing the scope of supply for each machine, in liaison with the Key account managers and forwarding this to the production department for build.
- Providing feedback on deliveries and specific customer requirements to the KAM’s and branches for aftermarket support planning.
- Assist in the development of machine scope of supply and finished design scope according to the customer requirements.
- Manage unique sales projects, through liaison with design, production, and supply chain.
- Costing and estimating machine cost, with any impending material increases, optional equipment costs and customer specific requirements.
- Assisting in the compilation, specifications, application and scope of supply on tenders and RFQ’s.
- Developing operating cost models, total cost of ownership and predicative operating costs, for local and international sites.
- Providing recommended spares schedules, and inventory recommendations for the customer and remote warehouse locations.
- Import and Export logistics with respect to machine movement, shipping, transport, insurance and customs formalities.
- Developing and maintaining the departments sales and production forecast schedules, including export and regional sales demands via liaison with the KAM’s.
- Engage in feasibility studies and cost modelling of new sales and equipment development, refining concepts, applications, timelines and value propositions.
- Assist in the development of sales support material.
- Liaise with our OEM partners on imported equipment scope of supply, costs, lead-times, and importation for local sales.
- Resolve any technical queries with machine supply from OEM partners.
- Assist in developing and monitoring the sales department budget, and track progress on sales projects.