Head of Finance (CA)
Open to discussion
We are recruiting for a very exciting position!
Our client, who is a tech-based company, is looking for a Head of Finance to join their finance team.
Reporting to the Founders, the Head of Finance is responsible for the overall finance function within the business. The individual works closely with the Leadership Team and performs financial planning (budgeting and forecasting) and analysis, monthly reporting and assists with new projects.
The ideal candidate should be:
- Highly organized with the ability to manage time to meet deadlines
- Results focused and focused on processes and controls
- A team player, with the ability to work independently
- Have the ability to work with and influence people at all levels in the organisation
- Be able to demonstrate integrative thinking – make decisions based on thorough review of all data
- Have the ability to exchanges ideas clearly and concisely
- Demonstrate strong Excel skills
- Be proficient in Xero, ApprovalMax, SimplePay (beneficial)
- Be able to demonstrate Project Management skills
- Be detail orientated
- Have the ability to develop financial and operational models
- Shows a high emphasis on quality and control compliance
- Assumes overall responsibility of the finance function;
- Manages day-to-day accounting functions including maintenance of general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and project accounting; ensure accuracy and timeliness;
- Preparation and analysis of all financial records to ensure accurate financial reporting, including all the annual financial statements, quarterly reports, budget preparations, etc.
- Ensure all reporting is in accordance with all relevant accounting frameworks, Companies Act and relevant governance frameworks;
- Compiles weekly, monthly and quarterly Reports to Management (including Departmental Reports) incorporating the Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement, Working Capital and Risks;
- Attends meetings and demonstrates a deep understanding of the financial performance in discussions and presentations to Management;
- Prepare for and coordinate annual audit;
- Preparation of Annual Financial Reporting as well as the preparation of Annual Financial Statements in accordance with IFRS; and
- Implements cloud-based financial systems for accounting, reporting and workflow management.
- Updates and implements Accounting Policies for changes in Accounting Standards and Legislation to ensure Compliance;
- Implements and monitors financial policies and control systems;
- Define, develop and maintain policies, procedures, standards and frameworks; and
- Develop the internal accounting controls and processes to ensure accurate management reporting.
- Ensures tax and other regulatory compliance;
- Prepares and files VAT, PAYE, Income Tax and Dividend Tax Returns, when required; and
- Manages BBBEE and other Compliance Procedures.
- Compiles and delivers all budgets, forecasts and monthly reporting; including the explanation of all variances and the development of contingency plans with the relevant internal stakeholders to cover risk areas;
- Monitors spending for adherence to budget, recommends and explains variations as necessary;
- Identifies and implements cost control initiatives; and
- Provides financial assistance to the business, responds to financial questions / concerns to meet business needs.
- Prepares daily, weekly and monthly cash flow forecasts and monitor and report on variances;
- Ensures the Working Capital Cycle is optimised through a continuous focus on debtors collections and optimising supplier payment terms; and
- Invests surplus cash to maximise yield.
- Identifies, quantifies and mitigates key risks faced by the company.
- Provides insight into strategic decisions such as entering into a new market;
- Works with the Product and Sales Teams to assess the viability of new projects;
- Supports the Leadership Team with M&A Activities, where required; and
- Assists with other Ad Hoc Projects where required.
- Leads the Finance Team;
- Encourage a healthy work culture and positive work ethic in the department;
- Manage the performance of team members and develop individuals;
- Delegate projects to team members to ensure best possible spread of workload; and
- Provide support, encouragement and administer disciplinary action when necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Commerce/Business;
- CA qualification
- 7+ years post-articles education;
- Demonstrable experience in managing non-CA staff;
- Numerical ability;
- Computer literate;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent writing & communication skills;
- Creative problem-solving skills; and
- Experience in a digital / media environment is beneficial.