Group Sales Manager
R 1.0m - R 1.2m per annum
A leading mining manufacturer is looking for dynamic talent to join their team!
Our client is looking to strengthen their Capital Sales department by the appointment of a suitable leader to take the department to the next level. Key values of the role are; results driven, service orientated, safety, ethical, ambitious, energetic, motivated, intelligent, with solid customer relations capability, with a passion for coaching, mentoring and leading a winning sales team. An intimate knowledge of mobile machinery technics, their mining application and commercial competence to build an excellent Capital sales team together with an established network of mining executives in South Africa and the sub Saharan region.
Desired Experience & Qualification:
- Formal Technical Qualification (BSc, B. Tech, Diploma Engineering or Sales Management) with minimum 5 years’ experience in the mining and capital sales OEM industry.
- Must be capable of establishing credible relations with external/internal clients, senior and executive management, project and programme personnel as well as subordinate staff, quickly and confidently as necessary.
- Computer literate and conversant with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and the ability to apply new data and communication Technologies to the role and information transfer, social media conversant.
- Clean drivers licence and willing to travel within South Africa and regional countries occasionally as necessary
- A willingness and capability to head the Capital sales team as a full time, long term Team player with a thorough understanding of Mining market changes in legislation, safety regulations and customer needs.
- Technical Report writing and communication skills necessary, advertorials, advertising copy and data sheets.
- An understanding or experience in the underground mining industry, with mining methodologies, understanding of equipment application, and the mining production cycle is an advantage.
- General TMM machine technical knowledge, maintenance procedures, safety controls, mining applications and cost drivers is an advantage.
- Thorough understanding of the service requirements in the industry is essential, the skills level of service technical personnel, use of specialised tools and instruments, sales cycle process
- The ability to build, train and develop a competent sales team with new technologies in the industry, measure and maintain capabilities.
- Execute sales strategies in the market and ability to judge the critical success factors according to individual customer’s requirements, productivity, safety and cost reduction.
- Lead and manage the Sales business o the company. Focused on providing cost effective safe, equipment solutions for our customers, building a long term mutually beneficial business relationship.
- Manage and direct all marketing activities, trade exhibitions, road shows, advertising and advertorials, brochures, corporate gifts, apparel and brand specific give-aways.
- Recruit, manage, direct and lead an effective results driven sales team. Delivering on targets, key sales strategies, sales growth and customer development.
- Liaise with and maintain strong relationships with their OEM partners, negotiating machine pricing, deliveries, stock production, payment terms, inventory, and market specific product development requirements, back office support, and marketing initiatives.
- Manage trial machine processes with the service and LCS departments, to ensure a positive outcome, ensure the necessary documentation, reporting and resources are in place, facilitate the sales dynamics and integrational operating issues that differ from site to site.
- Interpret the reporting conventions and ensure the data is in a mutually reliable form which to base the close-out and concluding report. Ensure safety, integrity and maintenance of the asset/s.
- Engage with customers, including underground and site visits, on various machine technical operating and application issues, safety related concerns or improvements, design improvements, operating standards, Ergonomics, aftermarket enhancements etc. with the view of maintaining regulatory compliance of our equipment and feedback as part of an on-going product improvement program.
- Engage with Mining and Project EPMC houses to maintain strong relationships and offer technical and product solutions for new and existing projects and feasibility developments.
- New equipment model and product sales training initiative for sales staff.
- Manage and develop the existing sales forecasting and project systems, to evaluate market potential and establish KPI’s and targets for the sales people.
- Management reports on sales forecasts, market conditions, lost sales, sales strategies and other forecasting and corporate sales review reports. 18 month rolling forecasts and 3-5 years long terms strategies
- POC’s, operatimg cost development and ongoing data acquisition from operating sites, liaison with branches and Mine site personnel to analyse and update comparative operating costs, for inclusion in quotations, tenders and sales arguments.
- Machine population records database, market share evaluation and similar data to be updated and evaluated from time to time, to determine replacement timing and sales strategy.
- The ability to work with and lead other company and outsourced resources to achieve the sales and service goals, implement sales strategies at all levels and allocate tasks in line with the strategies, inclusive an participative management style.
- Cost conscious and able to manage expenses and obtain value for the business.