Business Unit Manager
R 35 000 - R 40 000 Gross per month plus potential commission (Profit share)
Our client, a marketing agency offering digital solutions, is seeking the expertise of a Business Unit Manager to join their team!
CONTEXT | YOUR IMPACT
The Business Unit Manager is responsible for driving the success and profit of a particular vertical/product and specific clients in the business. The role requires a deep commercial understanding as well as the drive and initiative to deliver exceptional results for clients, the product and ultimately the business. The Business Unit Manager is required to be solution focused individual who thinks strategically about how to get the best results for clients and the business. The individual should also be a people’s person and will be required to seamlessly interact with our clients across all levels of their business and leave them with a good impression of the company and its brand.
- Tertiary Education Preferable
- Minimum five years working experience where the focus has been on business development as well as on customer relationship management.
- Experience in lead generation is desirable.
- Understanding of lead sources, lead volumes, conversion rates, effectiveness, cancellation rates and not taken up policies (NTUs).
- Experience in new business and client acquisition.
- Experience in the insurance call centre space, sales & marketing is beneficial.
- MS Office Suite (Intermediate essential)
- Numerical ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Must have a drivers’ licence and own vehicle, however during lockdown we are all working remotely.
- Must be comfortable with travelling 80% of the time and office-based 20% of time (once lockdown is over) RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage, own and drive the success of different clients and of your particular vertical/product. This requires an analytical and problem solving mindset where challenges across different areas need to be identified and solved in order to ensure success.
- Grow, manage & maintain strong business relationships with existing & new key accounts.
- Grow & develop under-performing clients & verticals.
- Meet monthly, quarterly, and annual business growth targets & objectives.
- Identify new business opportunities across the business’ client base and convert additional opportunities into sales as well as look after existing relationships long term.
- Understand the needs of the client and execute solutions quickly.
- Develop formal presentations, present, follow up and close deals with clients.
- Manage verticals and report on performance.
- Gain insights from data and be able to suggest solutions based on client requirements, budget, lead source channels used, client commercials and volume requirements